Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy (Maybe Baby Day?) Thanksgiving!

Jesse and I are always up for a party so on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving we went out to dinner with our friends, The Eischeid's and The Judd's to Rockton Inn and then over to The Miller's to hang out with some holiday cheer.  I was quite uncomfortable and tired by this time but I thought it would be good for me to go out and about rather than sit at home and keep thinking about when this baby is going to finally come.

Jesse and I headed home around 11 that night and off to bed I went.

Thanksgiving morning at 5 a.m. I woke up and had some cramping (contractions, who knew!) and the beginning signs of labor were starting to show. I got Jesse up and we cleaned the house.  Hahah-we were so excited! I must have finally went into nesting mode since I thought cleaning was a good idea.  I called my mom and dad at 5 a.m. to tell them it seemed like I was going into labor and to see if they wanted to hold off on the Turkey, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy!  "Just my luck.  I knew this would happen," I told Jesse.  We cleaned the house and my contractions were few and far between.  I was not progressing like I thought it would or like you see in the movies.  I called the hospital just to check and nurse Kourtney Taylor answered (so weird because we know her!) but she told us not to come until my water broke or the contractions were 5 minutes apart. So I got ready for Thanksgiving and we decided to go over to my parents with my family and go on with the day "normally".  This was me on Thanksgiving Day-this turkey was done....oh so I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment